Posted by Carmen Schick - 24 June, 2021
Waterproofing, concrete repair and industrial flooring
With the rising temperatures we are all looking forward to some holiday time. Whether relaxing on the beach or climbing a mountain, most of us also want to find some time to read a book that has been recommended by a friend to broaden our knowledge in a specific field.
For all our construction experts out there, we at Master Builders Solutions compiled some interesting reads for your vacation. In just a few minutes you can broaden your knowledge in waterproofing of concrete structures, learn more about concrete repair or take a deep dive into the requirements of industrial floors, without carrying a heavy book around with you.
Have fun browsing through our top picks and please leave us a comment in case you have any recommendations!
For those of you who would just like to get familiar with the materials or catch up on some basics of the construction industry, we recommend the following web articles:
- Why does concrete crack?
- A little goes a long way: Why diligent maintenance makes a difference
- The trick of density in coatings and membranes: Pay kilogram, apply millimeter
- Minimizing risk when installing expensive machines
- A new level of efficiency for construction projects
Waterproofing concrete can make concrete structures resistant to water, while at the same time increasing durability and service life. If you are just starting to learn about the benefits of waterproofing, this is what we would recommend:
- 4 + 1 cases where concrete structures need MasterSeal waterproofing
- Waterproofing concrete – the simple way to extending the service life of buildings and concrete structures
- Helping Madeira reach the commitment to sustainable energy production
But a waterproofing membrane can do more than simply stop water leaks – read up interesting facts about the permeability of waterproofing and protection membranes to gases like radon, methane and carbon dioxide.
Industrial floors have to cope with a variety of harsh demands – chemicals, antistatics or crack-bridging properties are just few of them. Learn more about how our MasterTop and Ucrete flooring solutions tackle those challenges and ensure a safe working environment in a selection of our articles:
- How does flooring from Master Builders Solutions help to control static discharge and its effects?
- Ucrete CS, the color-stable industrial floor you’ve been waiting for
- Scratch-resistant flooring system brings quantifiable sustainability benefits
A new trending topic in our smart world is the demand for antistatic and ESD protective flooring in various industries. Read more about the importance of conductive flooring and how Master Builders Solutions solve the challenge of antistatic and electrostatic discharge here.
Aging infrastructure & Concrete refurbishment
All buildings and concrete structures have a life cycle, which means at some point in time they require repair or refurbishment to continue service. With respect to sustainability, it is ecologically and economically more efficient to refurbish aging concrete structures with innovative technologies than to deconstruct them. Have a look at our solutions and success stories in the following articles:
- Reconstructing the Fossano viaduct after the collapse due to aging infrastructure
- Extend the service life of your concrete structure
We hope that you enjoy reading our articles! In case you wish to learn more, the Master Builders Solutions experts regularly posts about new topics, so sign up to get a notification about new blogs and articles!
And in case you are interested in industry trends, we recommend the second part of this blog:
Top summer reads for construction industry experts: trends and digital tools